Saturday, January 9, 2010

Week 1 Complete!

Well we got through the first week of meal planning and I have to say what a relief it was to come home and realize I didn't have to think about dinner.  We also didn't go out to eat one night last week.   We usually go out at least once so that alone should help with my waistline.  Although that new Drive Thru Diet at Taco Bell looks like it should work (yeah right!).  Who believes that stuff!

Well anyway, my reviews for week 1 recipes are attached below along with our Week 2 menu.  A little diversity this week which lead to my quite a bit larger grocery bill.  It cost me $156.82 this week.  Now the spices for the Indian dish cost me about $20 alone!  But now that I have them we should be good with those.  This also doesn't account for our trip to Costo where all of our chicken and beef comes from.  Just ended up being a bigger week this week.

Enjoy!!!

Stobe Family Weekly Menus

2 comments:

becky said...

Way to go, last week.

To save money on spices, you should consider going to 'bulk' spices. Just refill the containers that you have. SO MUCH CHEAPER.

So what do you do when your chosen menu is not necessarily a complete meal? Like, the potato curry night. A good dish, I am sure, but no protein. And, some of the others seem to be entrees, but have no (or little) vegetables. Do you choose other menus for the sides? Or just one menu per night?

Kristin said...

Hey Beck! Thanks for your comments. Thanks for the hint on the spices. I don't know of a place close by that sells bulk, but I will have to look into that. I about died when I realized how much it cost. At least I have them now :)

And yes, we do have side for most of our dishes. I added a column for that and filled it in for most. Like Rice, veggies, salad, etc. And yes on the potato curry, my plan was to add some shredded chicken in. I think my family would look at me like I was crazy if they got a thing of potato and sauce on their plates :)