Saturday, January 16, 2010

Another week down.

We just finished up our dinner from Week 2.  This was another successful week and one with a few adjustments.  Due to a few of us not feeling tip top, we moved a few things around.  I have become a bit of a nazi around the meal planning and spent some time this afternoon putting more recipes into the database.  Still have lots more to add and will probably do some more tonight after the kids go to bed.

We had the potato curry tonight.  I added shredded chicken to this recipe to give it some protien and also used olive oil instead of Ghee. Be careful when you add the mustard seeds, they pop everywhere! May want to add after you put the potatoes in. I wish I didn't put the chicken in. It didn't need it at all. I really liked it, but Jim did not. So don't think it will end up in our rotation. Plus I think it makes more like 6 servings. This was a lot of food. At the last minute I decided that Naan would taste good with it so ran to the store to grab some. The kids don't eat much bread and they both loved this. Will need to get some more.

This week we have a few things going on so the menu isn't too crazy and our grocery bill came back down to around $100 as well.  So that is good.

Enjoy this weeks menu - Stobe Weekly Meals

No comments: