Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

We drove down to Dayton Wednesday night before Thanksgiving. Jim mentioned that he wasn't feeling well. He woke up Thursday morning and felt horrible. So he missed most of the day. He ended up joining me at my grandma's but just sat on the couch. Poor guy. We did make him a plate to take home, but it wasn't the same. We also missed out on seeing our friends that were in town because their son was sick too!

We headed to my mom's for the afternoon. I tried to put Savannah down for a nap and fell asleep myself. I guess that is what holidays are for. We then headed to my uncle's house and hung out there for a bit. We were eating at my Grandma's so we headed over there. Most of the family was in town and it was nice to get everyone together. We hadn't had Thanksgiving over there in 5 years. I was in quite the food coma after that.



Ever since I was a little kid we would go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. This year was no different other than we didn't even leave the house until 9:30. Thats what happens when you have to get up with a baby and your sister is pregnant! We wanted to sleep in a little bit. This year we even got tshirts. The deals weren't that great and we didn't get much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - did you have a day off and no kids ... you have LOTS of updates! So glad I got to see you this weekend.