Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dayton Visit

Jim headed down to Atlanta for the weekend to visit the Browns. So we headed down to Dayton for the weekend. On Friday we took Savannah to Pump It Up which ended up being right by my dad's house. It is a place where they just have a bunch of big bounce houses/slides. Savannah had a great time. They even brought out a few things for CJ to play with. Now that our big guy is finally sitting up he was able to play there on the mat with some toys.


On Friday night we headed to the Cincinnati Zoo with mom, Jen and my stepsister Lori and her two girls. It was a pretty good time other than it was freezing and towards the end Savannah's feet were frozen. I thought about her upper body quite a bit, but didn't really think about doubling up on the socks or wearing better shoes. We learned our lesson :) I was worried about CJ being cold, but I think he was the warmest of us all!


Then on Saturday morning we met my dad at Der Dutchman in Waynesville for a Christmas brunch with his shirt. It was a really nice time. And to top it off, my dad had one sweet shirt on :)



We pretty much rested the rest of the weekend. We were supposed to pick up Jim at the airport in Columbus at around 4 on Sunday and head home from there. Well his first flight was delayed quite a bit so I called Delta and rebooked him on a flight to Cleveland. Then that flight was delayed (both due to mechanical problems). He didn't make it back into Cleveland until 10:30. It was so late that he ended up taking a cab (cost us $50!) and wasn't home until after 11:00. I am quickly learning no matter how much you plan, things don't always go as planned!

No comments: