Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekend Alone with the Kids

I had my 33rd Birthday on Friday. Nothing too exciting. Just a couple of cranky kids and the zoo :) Guess that is what happens in your 30s with two kids. We did go out to dinner as a family and that was nice. Jim left Saturday morning for his annual Golf trip. So I had the kids to myself for the weekend. So we planned to stay busy. My friend Joan from work came over Saturday afternoon for a few hours. It was nice to chat and gossip for a few hours. After Savannah's nap we headed down to the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad for the Thomas the Train ride. Jim's parents met us down there. It was fun. The train ride itself wasn't all that exciting, but all of the other activities were fun. After that we headed to Bob Evans for dinner and then it was bedtime. On Sunday we got up and headed to church because "we" had to greet. So the "we" this time was CJ and I, but we made it there. I was proud of myself that I got up before Savannah and showered and got CJ a bath. After lunch we headed to go see Outback Ray at Playmatters Toy Store. He does an animal show. He brought a snake, turtle, alligator, skink, chinchilla and a few others. Savannah had a good time. She got to pet the chinchilla and skink. We bought a little book and were outta there as it was way past bedtime and she was starting to get cranky. Oh I forgot to mention that true to CJ style he slept through both the train trip and the pet show. Not a peep through either of them. He is still doing really well. He even slept 6.5 hours in a row the other night!








I don't consider myself to have a green thumb, but I was proud of myself. Today I replanted some plants that I got from work when CJ was born. My mom helped me pick out the idea of adding a corner plant stand in the sunroom and get rid of the papasan chair that has been sitting there since we moved in. I don't think anyone has ever sat in it and it was just taking up room. But I think they turned out well. I know nothing fancy, but its the best I can do!






Well I better get off to bed since everyone is sleeping. Off to the gym tomorrow morning for Day 2 of working out!


3 comments:

Sara said...

Happy belated birthday!! I meant to get you an e-mail or something but of course I didn't get it done. Sounds like you made it through. i get to do mine (33rd) on Tuesday and I'm not sure what my mom has planned but so far it involves and dress fitting and getting charlie's hair cut (trimmed). Hope to see you in Cleveland next week...sara

Anonymous said...

I love the blog ... I will check it occassionally. I love seeing the pictures

Lynn said...

I love your blog. This is a great way to share your life and photos. Keep it up to date. Hopefully, I can leave you comments. So far I have tried 2 times and it keeps getting refused. 3rd time is a charm! What is a skink??? LU