Friday, May 23, 2008

Bargain Shopping!!!

Well most people know what kind of a shopper I am. So being off of work and on the computer all of the time isn't a good thing for me. I just keep shopping! Mind you I have gotten some great deals (A Dyson which retails for 479.99, I got for $250.00!!), but still a little out of control. So I have started using a few websites to help with my grocery shopping (www.thegrocerygame.com and www.slickdeals.net). They help you find out the specials at the stores and make the best use out of your coupons. I shop at Giant Eagle and CVS. Since we do all of our prescriptions at CVS I am always getting $5 off $25 coupons when I check out. So I went to CVS yesterday and purchased the following:

4 12 packs Coke
2 9.5 oz. packages of Dove Chocolate Minis
1 3-pack Dial Soap
1 23.7 oz. Herbal Essence Conditioner
2 Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie Mixes

Total (sale prices) - 30.76
Coupons - (13.59)
Total (minus coupons) - 17.17
Tax - .93
Total Out of Pocket - 18.10
Extra Care Bucks - (8.00) - to be used on any purchase at CVS.
Total - $10.10

Not bad for my first trip! And I got another $5 of $25 and a coupon for CVSs brand of Zyrtec D which I have been needing to buy for Jim. So I will use that next week!

Also I was so proud of myself this morning. Slickdeals.net is a website where people post good deals on items (where I found the Dyson). So I got an email yesterday with a link to the $5 of $25 coupon for Babies R Us. Which is always a big hit. Well I figured someone had already posted it in the Forums but they hadn't. So I posted the coupon. Well this morning I go and it is on the front page of the website. As the hottest deals! Yippee for me. Kind of cool since I am a newbie at this. Check it out - http://www.slickdeals.net/ - It is under the Friday May 23rd deals! I am colemkr! :)

Well we are heading to Dayton for the weekend, wish us luck. It is going to be jam packed as usual.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good deals at CVS, but be honest, would you really have bought that stuff had you not had a coupon? Are chocolates, coke, and brownie mixes really on your normal shopping list ... Maybe this is the reason why I do not collect coupons... because I rarely ever find coupons for the things I buy regularly, like produce.