Thursday, May 1, 2008

Crohn's Update

Well ever since I had CJ my Crohn's has really been acting up. So the Dr. put me on steroids to try and keep things under control. I have been on them for two weeks and they seem to be helping. I was able to take the dose down one pill (from 8 to 7). I need to call back in two weeks and let him know how I am doing. Hopefully he will keep weaning me off the pills. The down side to this is the weight gain. I was so excited to lose 20 pounds after I had CJ. I knew the side effect of the steroids was going to be weight gain, but the first week wasn't too bad. Now this second week all I can do is keep myself from eating all day long. It doesn't help that I am at home all day and haven't gone in for my 6 week checkup to get the ok to work out. I mowed the lawn today and took CJ for a walk. So hopefully the weather will stay nice so I can at least get some walks in. Then when I go to the Dr. in two weeks hopefully I will get the ok to go back to the gym. CJ needs to be 6 weeks old to go into the nursery anyway so hopefully it will work out.

Well tomorrow is CJ's 1 month appt, will report back tomorrow....

No comments: