Sunday, June 8, 2008

Another Fun Crazy Weekend!






Paychek came into town this weekend for a visit. She decided to try Amtrak for her mode of transportation this time. While it was ok I don't think she will be taking it again. It was supposed to get into Elyria at 5:15 am Friday morning and didn't actually get in until around 7:15. While that was a plus for me as I didn't have to get up as early, wasn't so great for her who had to sit two hours longer in an uncomfortable seat.

We had decided earlier in the week that we would go get pedicures and see the Sex and The City movie Friday during the day for her birthday. I sent both kids to Carrie's for the day and CJ did really well for his first day at the sitter. Soon enough I will be back at work and he will be going three days a week. I am going to start taking him once a week in July so he gets used to it.

Anyway back to our girls day. We had a nice relaxing pedicure, headed to lunch at Ruby Tuesday and then off to the movie. Here I thought it would be crowded and there were like 10 people in the theater.

Oh I forgot we headed to a Dollar Store as we had 20 minutes to kill. Beck and Lynn you would have loved this one! We so would have had a major competition to see who could have gotten the best thing for $1. Probably the nicest dollar store I have been to. I will be going back :) So I spent $15 there and off we went.

We picked up the kids from the sitter and waited for Jim to get off of work. We headed to Mexican for dinner and then hung outside for a bit. CJ loved hanging out in the backyard watching daddy play cornhole.

Saturday morning Paychek and I headed to the gym and then met a friend for lunch. The kids had a really good time and we enjoyed catching up. We don't do it often enough!

Jim was supposed to play in a Cornhole tourney that afternoon at the Club but it was cancelled. So he had an idea to head to Cedar Point with their after 5 rate. So we got the kids up and headed out there late afternoon. We got there a little after 5 and got a great parking spot. We had so much fun. I couldn't believe how many kids rids there were. Savannah loved every minute of it and couldn't get enough. Once the ride was done she was asking for another one. We thought we would stay until 9 or so and ended up staying until 11! The kids did great. We got to ride a few big rides too. They have a parent swap thing where one parent rides and then leaves a paper with them while the other parent goes through the exit and rides the ride.

The only thing that I didn't enjoy was my Subway dinner! While I was trying to be good it cost me $15 for a 6 inch sub, apples and a diet Pepsi! I think we will pack our dinner next time.

We were all pretty tired and slept in on Sunday. CJ slept until 6 am!

It was a great weekend and I am glad Paychek was able to come for a visit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have not been to a dollar store forever, but I always like that game.